Natural Born Killers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boss Strike #6 - Evaline Aceheart (Air Boss Strike)

+4
OldLazyBoxer
Jagcayden
herajika
TheVampire100
8 posters

Go down

Boss Strike #6 - Evaline Aceheart (Air Boss Strike) Empty Boss Strike #6 - Evaline Aceheart (Air Boss Strike)

Post by TheVampire100 Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:35 pm

Next Boss Strike will be hard as hell. Especially for newer players. We will get an Air Boss Strike which means most strong units will be useless since they cannot hit ir targets.
We cannot use our wimps, tanks, chemical units and a lot more.
And newer players don't have the better Anti Air units to shoot down these planes.
So what to do?
First, train the new Anti Air unit, if you are a newer player (it is the only Anti Air unit, that you can build right now). This unit sucks actually but is better than nothing. If you are on a higher level, train MG Turrets. These are very good against planes since they have two attacks, that hit both a full row of planes. The second attack will hit ONLY air units but since the next boss strike will be full of those you won't have a problem with it. Downside is, you can have only two MG Turrets per fight so protect them good.
If you own planes, use them. The best counter to planes are planes since planes comes with anti Air attacks. I heard the Skyraptor is good against air units so you should make good use of it. Use also the Apex Bullfrog if you have it. He has a wide Anti Air spit.
Other good Infected are the cannoneers, they have a high crit chance and can shoot planes.

There aren't many tactics against air units so we should make a good use of the little we have.

TheVampire100
Admin

https://natural-born-killers.forumieren.com

Back to top Go down

Boss Strike #6 - Evaline Aceheart (Air Boss Strike) Empty Re: Boss Strike #6 - Evaline Aceheart (Air Boss Strike)

Post by herajika Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:54 pm

There's another unit that works very well against air targets: the Frontier Chucker from the Frontier Recruitment HQ. Cheap to build, to repair, to promote and has a high crit rate. It did a good job for me during the "Flying Rebels" event, because it "onehitted" most of the rebel's air units. More informations about the Chucker: http://battlenations.wikia.com/wiki/Frontier_Chucker_(player)

herajika

Back to top Go down

Boss Strike #6 - Evaline Aceheart (Air Boss Strike) Empty Re: Boss Strike #6 - Evaline Aceheart (Air Boss Strike)

Post by Guest Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:04 am

Ok guys, ppl are saying that this BS would be really hard, so i will try to get the best formation there is for high levels and medium levels.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jagcayden Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Also your machine gunner has anti air capability... Just another option to use. Don't know how effective it is though...

Jagcayden

Back to top Go down

Post by OldLazyBoxer Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:58 pm

Yep they're really pushing the air units. I'm guessing they'll try to snag even more $$$ by releasing yet another anti air promotional unit when the BS starts.

OldLazyBoxer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVampire100 Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:30 am

I won't buy any Anti Air Unit for Nanos (the Shaman was also advertised like one and a lot of people were pissed off that he does not even provide the stats that he had in the introduction mission) since we fight Air units like every second month and that's not worth it to buy Anti Air units. Not even in PvP since you don't know when your enemy uses Air units. So, yeah, even before I know the new unit I advice you NOT to buy it. Maybe that will change if I see the unit, if that's happen I will tell you again.

For the Machine gunner: Yes he hit's Air units and he is probably the best choice for low level players. But players at level 40 and higher will never use him since he will not stand a single attack and his attack power is low at it's best. And since you can build MG turrets at that, which cost only gold, you have no reason to use him any longer. The MG turret is actually an upgrades version of the mg Gunner.
I also builded the frontier HQ because of herajikas advice (thank you very much), I started now to build the Chuckers. The special abilty of frontier untis is, that they get mad critical hit chances (about 50% of every attack) if you level them up which makes them very effective.

TheVampire100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smit68 Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:29 am

If they are pushing an aircraft BS, they will probably roll out the ability to build air units with the next update.

Smit68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stansy Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:06 pm

FWIW it seems like the recons do a decent job at AA, although not nearly as cheap as MG turrets

stansy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVampire100 Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:46 pm

I have curryntly a LOT of connection problems, my battles stop every 5 minutes and I'm not willing to start them every time again. I guess this is, because every guild now spams their attacks in the first hours, so I wait a bit until it has calmed down. Sorry that I cannot help ealier.

TheVampire100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVampire100 Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:34 pm

This boss strike is hard...
I knew I would hate it but this is....
Who else is having troubles with the waves? I'm just getting to wave 3 of 5. Bought the new premium unit, I hope it will be usefull.

TheVampire100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVampire100 Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:17 pm

So Boss Strike ist over, please leave your thoughts about it, what strategies have you used, are you satisfied about your contribution, what do you think could you and the entire guild improve for the next boss strike?

I am not really happy this time with me. I managed to get some points, but couldn't finish an entire boss strike battle (all 5 waves). I didn't improve from my last boss strike in which I could easily survive a battle. I know this one was harder than the last boss strikes but this makes me still mad since this was teh first boss strike, wehre I had finally my wimps and they couldn't even help since they are useless against air units.
So I work now on ranking my units, especially my air units, my tanks and my infected (the apex bullfrog was very helful in this boss strike but it died to fast). I will also now start grinding the Ancient Construct for Dexter fragments, people in the forums said, they helped them to survive most battles in the BS.
For people that want to train, I left three bunkers full of wimps, just attack me and you can get more Sp instead from occupations on your land (no 3 wimp restriction). Be aware, there are ONLY wimps in there, so you have something to withstand the attacks from the wimps. Air untis work since wimps cannot target them and won't target units behind them. i will refill the bunkers every day if I have time (at the moment I have to focus on my studies and my exams).

TheVampire100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by morphi Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:14 am

During the final 24 hours of the BS I found the formation that worked the best for me and I was able to finish all waves every time. The few nano units I have recently bought helped out a lot. With the units below I was able to finish all 5 waves and usually lost 2-3 wimps, 1-2 heavy tanks and possibly 1-2 chuckers, but the rest were saved. So I was able to keep attacking as long as I had tanks (too bad I don't have that many).

Row 1: wimp | heavy tank | wimp | heavy tank | wimp
Row 2: chucker | L.mammoth | bf shaman | L.mammoth | chucker
Row 3: Jetpacker | L.mammoth | Jetpacker

My level 45
Jetpacker R5
Wimp R6
L.mammoth R4
H. Tank R3
Chucker R4

For the next BS I'll start hunting for the AC fragments...

morphi

Back to top Go down

Post by herajika Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:47 pm

This BS was very hard for me since I didn't finished all waves even once. With my heavier tanks, R6 chuckers and R5 turrets I was defeated in wave 3, sometimes wave 4 and got less then 2000 points for it. So I decided to fight with R6 wimps and some troopers only (3 wimps and 5 troopers). I couldn't finish wave 1 with these units because they can't hit air targets but normally I destroyed all enemy ground units. This took not much time, healing costs were low and I earned 200...420 boss points per fight.
Another thing is, that I stopped any shop upgrades or new buildings in the days before the BS started. So I had full warehouses of lumber. During BS tier 1...6 I donated only the new lumber that my saw mills produced, the lumber from the warehouses I donated in tier 7 because the reward for it was higher (600 boss points for 1000 lumber).

herajika

Back to top Go down

Post by iitsthakev Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Much the same as the rest of you guys, that was frustrating as hell... didnt finish 5 waves in any battle; contributed half as many points as last time (I'm full time work and grad school right now...but still in top 10 pts contributed)

Did anyone find the mg turret useful? Mine are r4

I really wish I had gotten more Legendary Mammoths, that was my best unit for this strike by far.

Remember this BS was an Air Invasion, so I wouldn't expect the next one to need nearly as much AA capabilities, I'm going to focus on upgrading my Mega and Hvyr tanks, tank killer, and chucker

Like herajika, I had a full supply inventory going into the BS (no excuses in my opinion with the advanced warning that the BS is coming), however I think we all noticed that the points increased per 1000 lumber with each successive tier... maybe we should not immediately throw all of our resource in during the first day

iitsthakev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down