Natural Born Killers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boss Strike #10 - Dr Vogel (Silver Wolf/Ancient Tech Boss Strike)

+2
herajika
TheVampire100
6 posters

Go down

Boss Strike #10 -  Dr Vogel (Silver Wolf/Ancient Tech Boss Strike) Empty Boss Strike #10 - Dr Vogel (Silver Wolf/Ancient Tech Boss Strike)

Post by TheVampire100 Thu May 22, 2014 11:06 am

Wow, this is the worst BS ever. And I mean really the worst. Not only do we have to fight overpowered silver wolves but ancient technology as well. And if the buffed fragments wouldn't be already too hard they've also included the first boss ever in a boss strike. But why has it to be the ancient construct?
Okay, the AC is not the stronges boss you will ever face and I guess a lot of players have already defeated it but you have to realize that you have to beat 4 waves of strong silver wolves and fragments before, weakening your army and making the AC a pain int he ass after you have already lost most of your units. The AC is actually only in the last wave to beat the shit out of you and destroying the rest of your arme so you have to repair them, making the advanced repair bay unavoidable.

This is in my opinion not a nice move from Z2 and this BS is clearly designed to
1.) Force us into buying premium units because normal units will, even on r6, beaten to death.
2.)Make elite players happy that complained that previous BS were too easy and wanted actually bosses in their strikes.
3.)Force us into buying the advanced repair bay because it is CLEAR that you will loose a good amount of units when you face the AC meaning you have to heal a lot of units. The repair bay speeds this up and saves you resources.

While I've said I will quit the next BS if they force us again to buy their shit I will still play it to see how ridiculous this is gonna be. But at this point everyone can see that "BS" stands this time for "Bull Shit".
I don't want to be forced to buy anything. I'm happy to spend money on the game, ot because it makes the game easier (or at least PLAYABLE) but because I like it and I want to help the developers. But the last months showed me that you get just a kick in your crotch when you try to help them. Instead of improving the game they focus on thinking how they could force the players even more in buying nanopods. And this gets worse every boss strike.
I don't know how long I will play BN if they don't stop with this. Not only because this is hard for everyone who don't want or can spend money on BN but also because this is also an insult for players who spended their money willingly. Z2 insults US paying players that we didn't pay enough and should spend ALL of our money to them. This is not how a f2P title should work, if they cannot get their income high enough they should stop producing other games. I know that Z2 is developing at least 2 other games right now at the same time and was developing 3 games before they released this Shadowthing game. Z2 develops a lot of games and forget about to improve the other games tehy already have.
Developing new games takes a lot of money and I'm pretty sure that all the money they get from Bn goes into the development of these new games instead of Bn.

Okay, now about the BS itself. Like I said before, Ancient tech and Silver Wolves. You won't get away with resources units this time. While it might have worked in the last BS, this time you will only beat all 5 waves with nanopod units because of the stupid AC in the last wave.
Get at least 2-4 tank killers and try to get them through all waves so you have an easier chance against the AC. If you are at level 65, try to use radio techs instead if you have some.
The weapon tech from the invasion is not very useful. While it makes the fragments easier to beat, the AC is immune to it, plus the WT is an easy defeatable unit, making it rather impossible to get him thorugh all 5 waves.
If you have tanks, use them to cover your units from incoming mg damage. Elemental troopers are good to deal with the explosive damage from the fragments but since they have low health and almost everything from the damage goes directly to health they will have a hard time.
If you have legendary mammoths, use them to get all the silver wolves away as soon as possible, especially if you want to get the AC killing units through all waves. While the fragments cannot reach back row units, the silver wolves can, making them a very great threat.

The common tactic this time is not to keep the front units as long as possible to block attacks, instead it is the opposite this time, try to keep the back row units at ALL time. You need to get these units in the last wave because of the AC, everything else is useless. Otherwise you cannot beat the AC and will loose EVERYTHING, leaving you with a high repair bill.
Try to save as many resources as you can, this BS is more of a resource fight than a actually battle.

Some uits that are useful in this BS:
-Tank Killer/Radio Tech
-Weapon Technician
-Cry trooper/Elemental Trooper/Legendary Boar
-Field Agent/Legendary Mammoth
-Veteran/Wandering Samurai/Eagle Eye
-Tanks/Tanks/Tanks
-Tank Crusher/Brutalizer
-Blood Ninja

As you can see I've chosen mostly nanopod units, limited time units or prestige units. This is because there are NO other units that could help you. Good work, Z2, into forcing us.

TheVampire100
Admin

https://natural-born-killers.forumieren.com

Back to top Go down

Boss Strike #10 -  Dr Vogel (Silver Wolf/Ancient Tech Boss Strike) Empty Re: Boss Strike #10 - Dr Vogel (Silver Wolf/Ancient Tech Boss Strike)

Post by herajika Thu May 22, 2014 4:23 pm

My favourite formations for level 65 are #7 and #8, although #8 comes with a construct. I retreat all other formations and lose between 1-3 units only. I have no legendary critters.

Formations: http://www.bnoutpost.com/event/boss10_event_SW_Ancient

This is my setup:
First row: 5 R6 Mega Tanks (or up to 2 R4 Portable Walls instead of the tanks)
Second row: 3 R7 Tank Crusher, 2 R5 Dexter Fragments
Third row: 2 R6 Weapon Techs and 1 Tank Crusher

The construct is not immune to the 'Shatter" effect of the Weapon Tech and can easily be killed with the second attack of a Tank Crusher.

But I have to agree with Vampire, it seems to be impossible to beat all waves without premium units.

Edit: you can forget the above. After reaching Tier 6 we face new formations which became much harder. Lost all good units. Wimp grinding is not that useful too.

herajika

Back to top Go down

Boss Strike #10 -  Dr Vogel (Silver Wolf/Ancient Tech Boss Strike) Empty Re: Boss Strike #10 - Dr Vogel (Silver Wolf/Ancient Tech Boss Strike)

Post by Smit68 Fri May 23, 2014 10:44 pm

Tier 7 is kicking my butt. You pick a starting formation you like and it's a coin flip if you get an AC at the end. Well I just did and said goodbye to all my leg. animals. I'm out of teeth so I'm going to be grinding wimps for a while.

Hate that there's not a formation guaranteed to be AC free. Hate those stupid electric fences. It's a rough BS. Again....

Smit68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauty Queen Etna Sat May 24, 2014 1:37 am

Well, on my level (25) the waves are not too hard if you pick the right formation. I use mini tanks, sniper, field agents, allied cannoniers and a mech. trooper.

Everything is deadly, even the red haired Sword guys can destroy  mini tanks, so...kill the flying dexter and the explosive units first, they always really hurt.

You should do assists and take the 1h option on your lumber mills. That way you can easily make 20-50k if you do battles sometimes.

On higher levels kamikaze seems to be a good option. If you can't beat all waves, use cheap units and kill as much as you can (units without armor are easy targets).
Beauty Queen Etna
Beauty Queen Etna

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVampire100 Sat May 24, 2014 3:47 pm

My formation so far, works more or less:
Mega - Mega - Mega - Mega - Mega
Mech Trooper - Wepaon Tech - Demolisher - Weapon Tech - Tank Crusher
Legendary mammoth - Lgnd. Mammoth - Lgnd. Mammoth

As you can clearly see I use only nanopod units, mostly limited time units that aren't aviably anymore. This alone shows how hard this BS is and what Z2 is doing to us.

My tactic is to destroy electro fences with the demolisher in the first round, after that I stun the silver wolves with a mammoth before taking out the fragments out with the weapon tech and either the mech trooper or the tank crusher.
Flying fragments and chunooks are my first targets because they can target back rows and kill the WT easily.

My goal is it to bring at least 1 WT through all 5 waves to defeat the AC at the end with one shot. If I fail that I loosa all units but if I can keep the WT through all waves I loose only Megas (between 3 and 5) and maybe one WT.

There is in my opinion no formation that let's me keep all units.

TheVampire100
Admin

https://natural-born-killers.forumieren.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRhys Sat May 24, 2014 5:28 pm

For levels 61+, there is no AC in encounters 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 and 11

Also, the jet packers and rail gunners work, too.

LadyRhys

Back to top Go down

Post by herajika Sun May 25, 2014 1:47 am

You can't be sure if you'll have an AC in wave 5 because there are 6 pairs of the same first wave (for lvl 61+ encounter 1+2, 3+4, 5+6, 7+10, 8+9, 11+12).
The second waves are different though, so it can be a tactic to retreat the fight if you identified an encounter with an AC and didn't loose any troops during the first wave.

herajika

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybergun Sun May 25, 2014 1:38 pm

Tactics for this BS is quite different. it's almost impossible to pass 5 waves without big damages, so I choose easy healing units combine with one or two good units. For sure you will loose everything, but you will be able to get between 1000 to 3000 points each time.
Healing strategy is also very important... Keep healing 1 hour units and if you need to heal a more costly, then wait for some assistance and then remove your waiting list and put your key unit, that will reduce the healing time of those costly units

My tipical formations are 3 wimps, 1 sandbags and 1 bigfoot or heaviers
2nd row 1 r6 lightning trooper hitting aerial units, 1 chucker and 1 cryo or tank killer or some other High ranked unit and 1 nano unit
3rd row 1 chuckers and 1 chopper or plane or Mech trooper
Always put your Mech trooper behind 2 tanks, then will last more
Start with killers or cryo hitting first row difficult units, then use lightning and then wimps to kill everything you can. Use chuckers and choppers to kill the flying fragments and to remove armor on difficult units

Hope it will help someone

Cybergun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down