Natural Born Killers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boss Strike #7 - Shrow (Silver Wolves)

+3
iitsthakev
OldLazyBoxer
TheVampire100
7 posters

Go down

Boss Strike #7 - Shrow (Silver Wolves) Empty Boss Strike #7 - Shrow (Silver Wolves)

Post by TheVampire100 Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:29 pm

Prepare yourselves, next boss Strike will begin tomorrow at noon (PST).
Silver Wolves are among the second hardest enemies in the game (I rank rebels the first since they can use the same technology as we do).
I already stated some useful units in theguild chat but I will deliver these tactics again here.

irst use attacks that can stun or freeze enemies, multiple enemies at once would be the best. Use cryo soldiers or elemental soldiers in higher levels and field agents on lower levels. Keep in mind, frozen enemies take more damage on the next attack (but stunned don't take more damage), so attack them first. I use very often a drill/elemental combo since I can kill so every enemy in after two attacks (first frozen shot, then drill attack).
If you ahve a legendary mammoth or better more than one, use it as often as possible. It's cry attack can stun, if you are lucky, the whole field. Also it takes a lot damage to take it out, it cvan easily replace a tank.
Use units that have a high explosion and percing ressistance since this are the primary attacks of teh silver wolves. Bigfoots are excellent with their high explosion ressistance and a large hp pool.

If you have apex stalker, use it as well. It's freezing and stunnign attack make it ideal against the silver wolves. An apex bullfrog is good to damage a lot of enemies at once.
Use also tankkiller to take hard hitting enemies down with one shot.

Do you have more tactics against the silver wolves?

TheVampire100
Admin

https://natural-born-killers.forumieren.com

Back to top Go down

Boss Strike #7 - Shrow (Silver Wolves) Empty Re: Boss Strike #7 - Shrow (Silver Wolves)

Post by OldLazyBoxer Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Brutes, brutes, brutes! If u have them, get them up to rank 4 ASAP for their wife assault attack. It devastates SW vehicles. And test out some battles with SW troops before the BS if u can so u can prioritize which units should be taken out first because they destroy your units more quickly than the others. I have about 3 or 4 SW units that I always target first because I know how much damage they can do if given the chance. If u have no SWs to practice on check our guild mates lands. I think I have at least 1 SW on my land right now.

OldLazyBoxer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Boss Strike #7 - Shrow (Silver Wolves) Empty Re: Boss Strike #7 - Shrow (Silver Wolves)

Post by OldLazyBoxer Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:14 pm

That was supposed to say wide assault. The wife assault ability is only unlocked if you're a pro athlete...

OldLazyBoxer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iitsthakev Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:27 pm

Hahaha!

iitsthakev

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVampire100 Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:31 pm

Found a nice formation that keeps my losses quite low on this BS. Be warned, this is very nano costly so if you don't spend many nanopods or if you don't own some of this units look up the cheaper but weaker alternative below.

First row: Mega - Mega - Mega - Mega - Mega
Second Row: Legendary BoarElemental/Cryo - Legendary Mammoth - Legendary Mammoth - Legendary Mammoth - Legendary Boar/Elemental/Cryo
Last Row: Jetpack Trooper - Chunook Helicopter - UH-1B SkyRaptor

The Megas can also be replaced with high ranked Supers but Megas work the best.
The tanks are there too absorb most of the damage done by the enemies. Focus on enemies that deal explosive damage since these enemies will shred your Megas easily apart. After you took care of explosives, defeat all enemies that use indirect damage (artillery, flying enemies, etc.). And after that there should be only a few enemies left so this is clean up work (be aware that they can still be a powerful thread if not taken down fast enough).
Every round you should first use the Aero Trooper to shoot with his main attack a powerful enemy in one shot down. The splash damage will also take care of most weaker enemies. After this use the breath of the Boar, the ice barrage of the Elemental or the ice shot fromt he cryo to freeze powerful enemies, use the cry of the mammoth right after this (especially if multiple enemies are frozen) to deal a huge amount of damage AND stun enemies that are not already killed.
If you see an enemy Chunook helicopter, shoot this down first. They are the biggest threat on the field because they can use indirect fire with wide splash, low cooldown and high damage which will take unarmored units down in one or two shots but mostly one. Freeze them first and after that use the SkyRaptor or your own Chunook to take the helicopter down.
The Crop Buster (the plane from the silver wolves) is not really strong and because of this not a main target.
Use the cry of the mmamoth every now and then to stun some enemies or kill weaker enemies.

If you repeat the above steps in every wave you should do pretty fine, keep in mind, the better the ranks of your troops the better your chance to get out of battle without losses.

Cheaper but weaker alternative:

First row: Heavy/Heaver - Heavy/Heaver - Heavy/Heaver - Heavy/Heaver - Heavy/Heaver -
Second Row: Cryo - Field Agent - Field Agent - Field Agent - Cryo
Last Row: Chunook - SkyRaptor or another good Anti-air unit - Tank killer

The strategy is almost the same except you won't freeze multiple enemies at once and you will not have the chance to stun every enemy type.
The Cryo replaces the Boar or the elemental, field agents replace the mammoth and the tank killer replaces the Aero jetpack trooper.

High ranks are not only recommended but already needed since you lack the fire power of the nanopod units but if your units are about rank 4 or 5 they should do fine. It is very important that you protect your back row more carefully because they lack any armor or other defenses. Your primary target are indirect attackers in this alternative version.

I hope this will help most people, it worked pretty fine for me and I got almost 7k points in one battle.

TheVampire100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iitsthakev Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:04 am

The boar is great, especially since its roar damages air units... I still take alot of losses, but when im healed up in the morning im attacking with megas, boars, mammoths, jetpack, and will fill in the rest

iitsthakev

Back to top Go down

Post by morphi Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:58 am

The formation I've been using is along the same lines as TheVampire's, so it requires some nano troops and goes like this:

First row: Wimp - Mega/Hvyr/LtChem - Wimp - Mega/Hvyr/LtChem - Wimp
Second Row: Mega/Hvyr - L.Mammoth - L.Boar - L.Mammoth - Mega/Hvyr
Last Row: Jetpack Trooper - L.mammoth - Jetpack Trooper

- Apex bullfrog does a decent job in the backrow if jetpacker is healing.

Ranks:
- Wimp R6
- Mega R2
- Hvyr R2
- L.mammoth R4
- L.boar R5
- Jetpacker R5

Losses:
Seems like first and foremost the SWs like to target the wimps, so usually my losses are only the 3 wimps plus 1-2 tanks on maybe half of the times. Other losses have been small so far, I've lost a boar 2 times and also a jetpacker twice. On one occasion I lost 3 tanks at once, iirc. If my Hvyr/Megas were ranked higher I doubt I would lose nothing else but the wimps.

Some other points:
- Boar's freezing roar plus jetpacker 3x3 area blast is da bomb. Using this plus boar's and mammoth's throw attacks to get rid of enemy air units.
- Chem tanks and wimps do a good job on destroying/weakening armored enemies.
- Of course L.mammoths own the SW soldier units (and vehicles also if their armor has been destroyed).

morphi

Back to top Go down

Post by herajika Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:08 am

I haven't purchased the legendary critters (which I regret a little bit now), that's why most of my fights are with wimps and troopers only.

I use 3 wimps and 2...6 troopers and get between 250 and 800 boss points per battle with an average of 350 points. Healing costs are cheap of course, and I skip any formation of the silver wolves if there are any walls on the battlefield.

The troopers are used as possible targets for the enemies to help the wimps to survive longer.

Last edited by herajika on Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

herajika

Back to top Go down

Post by OldLazyBoxer Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:53 pm

I do the same except with sandbags instead of troopers hera. They cost a bit more to repair but can take more damage and allow me to split healing between my hospital and repair bay so I always have fresh units.

OldLazyBoxer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVampire100 Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Here a Screenshot I made today after an intense 6 wave battle. This was currently my best battle.

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140304/q4gx96zz.png

TheVampire100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OldLazyBoxer Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:13 pm

I didn't know Morgan was bilingual lol.

OldLazyBoxer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVampire100 Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:36 am

I did some math and I have coem to te conclusion, if everyone would spend their concrete we could still get about 1.000.000 points. But that depends how much concrete everyone still have.
Also we would still have 1,9 million points to go. We COULD reach this if everyone would spam the BS like crazy in the last 4 hours but it is very unlikely.

Either way, we have improved very much. Not only have we beaten our record from tier 7, we also finished tier 8 and still had one day to go. That's awesome!
I'm proud that we have improved so much and I have the feeling that our guild will reach soon tier 9, maybe even tier 10!

TheVampire100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smit68 Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:33 pm

I am also very proud of everyone. We will lose some inactives and replace them with other new members and keep pushing forward.

Smit68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVampire100 Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:20 pm

Okay, Boss Strike is over, what do you think of it, are you proud of yourself/the guild?
Please leave your thoughts in here.

I'm very proud of myself and the guild. We managed to get past tier seven and complete tier 8. It's sad that we couldn't complete tier 9 but that's okay, we still have improved and that means we will someday reach it, maybe even the next boss strike.
For myself I managed to double the points from my last boss strike and that even if I didn't had much time at hand at the weekend. If the bs wouldn't have been this weekend I'm sure that I would have reached at leat 100k points. But 70k is still okay, I'm 19th on the leaderboards and that makes me very proud.

TheVampire100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by o0Champ0o Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:46 pm

While I was not part of your guild during the boss strike,I'm kinda proud of myself,that I managed to reach tier 1 pretty much on my own,because the guild I was in did pretty much nothing at all. Sure it's only oil,but better then nothing. Razz

o0Champ0o

Back to top Go down

Post by OldLazyBoxer Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:22 pm

Lol well u gotta appreciate the small victories. Welcome to NBK Champ! Sounds like you'll fit in just fine here Smile

OldLazyBoxer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down