Natural Born Killers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just read article on a 6 million + point BS player

5 posters

Go down

Just read article on a 6 million + point BS player Empty Just read article on a 6 million + point BS player

Post by Smit68 Fri May 02, 2014 9:37 am

I just finished reading a couple different topics on Z2 about a player in a top tier guild that scored 6 million points in a recent Boss Strike.

He achieved it by burning thousands of nanos to boost production and basically not sleeping for 90+ hours with total focus on Battle Nations. He does not chat during events and does not assist anyone.

In a way, you have to respect his discipline and I can remember sleepless nights playing Diablo when real life responsibilities were at a minimum. I just hate to see the use of nanos (money) to get so far ahead of everyone else in the game. It's a brilliant business plan by Z2 to prey on everyone's weaknesses to gain profit. Why wait 4 hours to build something when you can spend some nanos and get it now. Why have a weak army when you can spend some nanos and be better now.

I am lucky that I have some patience to wait for buildings to be built or troops to heal. All of my nanos have been gained through Tapjoy and I think that makes me appreciate them more. A user with mom's credit card and a ocean liner filled with shipping containers full of nanos probably throws nanos at every problem they encounter in the game.

So if anyone wants to know how to get to tier 10 and beyond, there's an option....lol

For everyone else, it's a game. My friend list is not filled with BS numbers but with friends. It's really cool to get new toys and blow stuff up. Have some fun in real life and on the battlefield but do it with the balance that works best for your life.

Smit

Smit68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Just read article on a 6 million + point BS player Empty Re: Just read article on a 6 million + point BS player

Post by OldLazyBoxer Fri May 02, 2014 1:10 pm

Holy bejesus! That reminds me if the South Park episode where they were all playing WoW in the basement and going the bathroom in coffee cans lol. Yeah I love this game (been playing for over 2 years), but that's just sad man. It's a game, not a job. That's why I love NBK. We strive to be great, but still have fun doing it Smile

OldLazyBoxer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Just read article on a 6 million + point BS player Empty Re: Just read article on a 6 million + point BS player

Post by TheVampire100 Sat May 03, 2014 9:39 am

I think I might know who you mean and I agree on that.
That's kinda sad that you have nothing else to do insteat of Battle Nations. And this is not even in the range of saying "It's okay if he likes the game that much" because this is in the range of being called "sick".
I remember an artivle about WoW long time ago where some people got unconscious or even died because they played the game so long without a break and didn't eat, drink, sleep or even go to the toilet. This was even parodied in the South Park episode that Boxer mentioned above (but they removed the critical part that some of them died).
And this player is in the same league as them.
I cannot feel respect for someone like this because it is a sickness when you play that long without a break just for schieving that much. While he gain a lot of admirers he sacrifes too much for that and I'm happy that we in our guild are not like this.

TheVampire100
Admin

https://natural-born-killers.forumieren.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stansy Tue May 06, 2014 12:03 am

That's happened with a number of games; everquest, starcraft, the aforementioned.

I agree that our guild has it right by enjoying the game for what it is and having fun with it

stansy

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRhys Fri May 09, 2014 4:45 am

I knew there was a reason for liking playing with, you all, Smit. You got another Diablo and Diablo II player, here.

LadyRhys

Back to top Go down

Post by Smit68 Fri May 09, 2014 11:52 am

How about a shout out to all my Bards Tale and Dungeon Siege partners!!!!

Smit68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVampire100 Fri May 09, 2014 1:04 pm

What bards tale? The original Saga or the remake?

TheVampire100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smit68 Sat May 10, 2014 12:44 pm

I remember staring at a Commodore 64 monitor at 3am at a friends house mapping Bards Tale dungeons out on graph paper.

Smit68
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVampire100 Sun May 11, 2014 8:13 am

Okay, I never had the original bards tale on my commodore.
But it is now included in my mobile version of bards tale (the new one).
I find it nice, that they included for free all the old titles.

What I played a lot on C64 was "Hexenküche" (I think the english title was "Cauldron"). One of the hardest games I've ever seen, never beaten but played a lot.
You paly a witch that collects different ingridients for her magic potion. The game was a mix of vertical shooter and jump and run. In the overworld you fly on a broom and shoot down bats and other nasty creatures, in the dungeons you jump from plattform to plattform to get the ingridients.
A really nice game but it was hard as hell.

TheVampire100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down